Commercial Finance Analyst
Salary Competitive Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Suchanasa Nantanapramoth
Date posted 27 February 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A leading international FMCG company is seeking a high-calibre Commercial Finance - Business Partner in Bangkok to support its next phase of growth
About the Commercial Finance Analyst Role:
You will be a part of the Finance team providing the respective business with robust commercial and strategic thinking to achieve the company’s financial and strategic objectives. You will provide financial expert knowledge to the company’s business and lead in performance management and decision making and development of business plans.
- In conjunction with the centre of excellence, Performance, Planning & Insights Manager, establish key performance measures for the function and lead regular performance review and management processes
- Analyse financial and non-financial data (eg. market share, category growth and secondary sales) to develop insights of financial performance
- Analyse and provide commentaries to business lead (eg. Sales Director/Marketing Director/Operations Director) to drive business performance and support decision making
- Objective, transparent challenge and support to the function
- Assist in developing pricing strategies/consumer value proposition
- Review spend of trading terms & advertising & promotion spend (ROI) effectiveness, support any reconciliation and ensures business operates within policies and guidelines
- Monitor spend efficiency to adjust and or reallocate investment levels based on performance
- Deeply understands gross margin variances and runs various cost models
- Run scenario planning and build models for new investments/new product propositions
- Actively participate in monthly S&OP meetings, and together with demand planner builds forecast with the support of Performance, Planning & Insights Manager
- Drives the evaluation of regional/business unit investment (CAPEX) opportunities, if any
- Engage with marketing, sales & supply chain teams to explore/understand performance drivers, co-develop potential corrective actions and quantify potential opportunities
- Understand of the brands and consumers with support from Performance, Planning & Insights Manager to provide constructive challenge and add value in support of the brand decisions
Development of strategy and business plans
- Drive planning and forecasting activities for the business, including working with the various sub-divisions in aligning business unit timelines to the company timelines with the Performance, Planning & Insights Manager
- Build and prepare annual budget/forecast including balance sheet and cash flow forecast with the business lead and support to build the strategy and plans for budget & 3 year business plan
- Together with the business and operations build monthly/rolling forecast
- Seek out and understand deeply the macro economic and industry factors affecting FB Thailand’s food service, sales and marketing activities
- Lead and guide the food service, sales and marketing teams on key financial measures, especially GTN, trade terms and return on investment metrics
- Lead and guide the food service, sales and marketing teams on budget, LE’s and 3YP preparation, challenge assumptions and support to build a credible zero based plan with clearly documented assumptions
- Ensure on pricing and discounts to be set correctly and align with budget and delegated authorities
To succeed in this Commercial Finance Analyst role, you will need to portray good to strong skills in relationship and alliance building, influencing with proven ability to manage business partnerships and relationships at a senior level.
- Master's degree/PhD in an area relevant to Commercial, Accounting qualification
- More than five years’ experience in a senior leadership/management position within the commercial arena
- Willingness to challenge and be challenged
- Developing to good ability to manage complexity, value diversity and strive for real outcomes
- Good commercial acumen and strategic expertise
- Able to communicate clearly and knowledgeably with industry personnel internal and external to the company
- Building strategic partnerships and advocacy
- Knowledge of main issues impacting on revenue maximisation, capital efficiency and operational efficiency within the dairy industry
This company needs no introduction and offers a great working environment. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you have a proven track record in creating value and driving operational efficiencies within a relevant corporate environment, you can take a career forward with this exciting Commercial Finance Analyst role.
Apply now to discuss this opportunity.