Senior Financial Accountant - GL
Salary Competitive Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Suchanasa Nantanapramoth
Date posted 26 April 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A Senior Financial Accountant - GL job has just become available at one of the most respected global servicing firms based in Bangkok.
About the Senior Financial Accountant - GL Role:
You will be working under the supervision of the Financial Accounting Manager. This role encompasses GL aspect of accounting function and you will be responsible for timely and accurate reporting of financial information for the 2 entities, as well as navigating the complexity of working in a matrix structure.
- Perform month end reporting process including SAP close off and Brambles submission, adhering to the EOM and Brambles timetable
- Raise and process inter-company invoices in SAP, resolve inter-company mismatches; reporting on all inter-company recharges
- Perform reconciliation on balance sheet accounts and vendor accounts
- Prepare and post manual journals
- Reconcile and prepare sundry local tax payments
- Update data base under the directive of the Financial Accounting Manager
- Perform fixed asset accounting related tasks
- Review and approve payment proposals
- Liaise with vendors and resolve payment disputes
- Daily download of bank statements
- Perform daily cash application on the customer receipts
- Perform bank allocation on payments and miscellaneous bank entries
- Contact customer for collection and resolve disputes
- Set up new customer accounts
- Raise sundry customer invoices
- Complete government survey as required
- Update standard operating procedure (SOPs) on a regular basis or as instructed by the Senior Financial Accountant
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Liaise with the Sydney finance team to standardise processes as appropriate
- Working in a zero harm environment
To succeed in this Senior Financial Accountant - GL role, you will need to assist the Financial Accounting Manager to prepare the yearly & half-yearly statutory & taxation packages and assist the Financial Accounting Manager with client queries and ad hoc requests.
- A degree in Business, Finance or related discipline
- More than two years’ experience in multinational environment reporting required; IFRS experience desirable
- Experience with local GAAP applicable to the region
- Experience in working with a global finance team associated with geographically diverse business desirable
- Experience working with SAP (preferred)
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of multi-currency finance environments
- Attention to detail and solid numeracy skills
- Good analytic, organisational and problem solving abilities
- Intermediate level of Excel skills
This leading professional services firm has an outstanding international reputation in its field and its expertise has made them the leader in their field. With a long year history this is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their development.
If you are a progressive Senior Financial Accountant with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.