Finance and Accounting Manager
Location Bangkok ProvinceFULL_TIME
Consultant Suchanasa Nantanapramoth
Date posted 03 August 2018 2018-08-032018-10-02 automotive 1 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A global automotive company is seeking a high calibre Finance and Accounting Manager in Mukdaharn to support its next phase of growth.
About the Finance and Accounting Manager Role:
You will lead accounting, finance, and reporting transactions of the joint venture entity in Mukdaharn. You will also be coordinating with the Financial Controller in Bangkok and Managing Director in the factory.
Management of Group Interests and Internal Control:
- Within the relevant scope of responsibility, you will oversee and monitor the procedures guaranteeing the quality, fairness and exhaustiveness of the published accounts in compliance with applicable local laws and regulations and consolidation norms as well as in line with Group referential
- You will ensure that the Group directives are applied to security of payment
- Manages relations with external auditors
- Ensures that the financial commitments made by companies within the scope of your responsibility comply with Group regulations
- Handles tax returns and relations with tax authorities and contributes to optimising net income
- Monitors the financial health of the relevant companies, anticipates developments and risks; has and early warning duty and advisory role; handles issues in connection with minority interests as applicable
- Supports local Group representatives; has a perfect, business-orientated understanding of the economic performance in the relevant scope of operations
Define and fulfilment the key economic performance of the business:
- Validate and integrate the impact from the main drivers (+key assumptions) into the key economic performances of the business
- Analyse the variance between the actual result and target (what, where & why)
- Propose the corrective action plan in order to bring back the result to achieve the target
- To support the entity’s economic steering, the active re-forecast shall be done on quarterly basis and provide an executive summary to the Entity Steering Committee
Production of Statutory and Economic reporting:
- You are in charge of the production and submission of reports generated by accounting and economic reporting systems for all the companies within the scope of your responsibility. You will guarantee the quality of the data supplied (where subcontracted, he or she introduces the necessary resources to ensure the quality of operations)
- Contributes to optimising accounting processes and economic reporting
Management of Finance and Treasury:
- You will ensure that the companies within the scope of your responsibility have the necessary financial resources to operate and grow and their cash flow is efficiently managed
- Guarantees that market financial risks are managed and hedged (foreign exchange/rates)
- Guarantees the management of customer risk and compliance with customer credit rules
- Advises on local balance sheet liabilities structure and a dividend pay out policy for the companies within the scope of your responsibility
Business steering support for scope entities:
- You will advise the entities on the accounting and financial consequences of operational decisions
The successful candidate should have 12-15 years' experience in the field of finance, accounting and costing.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Accounting/Financial or the related field
- Special knowledge or talent in general accounting principles, costing analysis and BOI process
- Good communication skills and rigorous & reliable
- Working experience in manufacturing
- Good English Proficiency to communicate effectively with stakeholders involved that will speak and read in the language
This international automotive firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in its field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are a progressive Finance and Accounting Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.