Country Head of Finance and Accounting
Salary Competitive Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Suchanasa Nantanapramoth
Date posted 02 February 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A global logistics firm is recruiting a Country Head of Finance and Accounting to manage financial performance in Thailand in its next phase of growth.
About the Country Head of Finance and Accounting Role:
You will directly develop strategies and corrective actions and monitor financial performance as well as purchase agreements and procurement. The position will further work with CFO - South East Asia, Managing Director, Country Heads of Finance in any country and head of departments to ensure compliance and quality.
- Report, analyse and ensure integrity of all financial information.
- Reviews, investigates and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports
- Coordinate monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Applies cost accounting methods to achieve accurate representation of profit/cost centre performance
- Compiles and analyses financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, cost enters and documents business transactions
- Closely maintains and monitors the fixed assets system
- Assist with annual budgets-prepares all allocations
- Monitors compliance with GAAP and company procedures
- Work with both Regional/HQ and external auditors during financial and operational audits
- Assures compliance with local and corporate policies, regulations and laws
- Analyse transactional processes and identify areas where additional accuracies and efficiencies can be achieved
- Responsible for knowing critical functions within the department and capable of mentoring and assisting employees within the department
- Assist other department as required
- Monthly reconciliation account
- Operate electronics banking
- Prepare MMR package for submission to Country Managing Director and regional management
- Complete/submission of monthly financial statement & finance package, monthly inter - company reconciliation account/settlement, interim financial statement & package & tax package, year ended financial statement & package & tax package (Por.Ngor Dor 50, Por Ngor Dor 51)
- Prepare and complete financial budget & forecast report
- Additional tasks as assigned by Thailand Managing Director, regional & corporate finance management
A talented and result oriented management accountant is required for this strategic role who will control and monitor hire assets and capex requests.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business Administration, Accounting Major or a minimum of five years management experience in related field
- Master’s degree in Finance or Banking would be an advantage
- Minimum five years of experience in air freight forwarding/airlines/logistics/supply chain industry
- Experience in data analysis and preparing performance reports for management is essential
- Demonstrated financial management skill in leading projects across various functional teams
- Demonstrated problem solving skill in facilitating the implementation of initiatives
- Demonstrated change management attributes and staff motivation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office especially Excel
- Proficiency in English
- Business acumen and result oriented
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Knowledge logistic or supply chain industry is a definite advantage
- Being able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Team leader & player - ability to build and work in a team environment
- Fluent and Thai Language (written and spoken)
- Comprehensive English language skills
- Being able to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work across all functional teams
This global freight forwarding company provides a comprehensive suite of international freight forwarding and advanced supply chain management services. With long years of history this is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their development.
This is a great opportunity for the Country Head of Finance and Accounting to redevelop group systems and processes
Apply now to discuss this new opportunity.