Credit Assessment Analyst
Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Supamas Thanyakunakornsakul
Date posted 02 February 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
An exciting Credit Assessment Analyst job has just become available at one of the most respected global oil and gas firms based in Bangkok. Reporting directly to the Head of Credit Analysis, this is a role for a Credit Assessment Analyst who is a leader in their field.
About the Credit Assessment Analyst Role:
Reporting to the Head of Credit Analysis, you will perform the activities related to credit assessment and analysis area.
- Responsible for the risk assessment of customers, negotiating and managing security arrangements, establishment of appropriate credit limits and the analysis of the overall credit exposure
- Responsibility includes new assessment and credit re-assessment of old customers based on event
- Assist Supervisor to appropriately balance and optimise portfolio risk ensuring adequate use of risk mitigating collateral as appropriate, regularly meeting with business units to review portfolio risk, ensuring credit analysis representation and participation on each business unit credit committee
- Responsible for all review and assessment of risk management (RM) applications; need to understand the derivatives and additional risk involved
- Provide interpretation of downstream credit manual and downstream credit guide and guide the businesses on the principles of sound credit management; keep up-to-date on issues within the businesses by having close relationships with the sales managers & account managers, combining with knowledge and information obtained from industry sources
- Conduct customer visits as required; meet with owners/officers of major customers as necessary to help the assessment of complex customers and represent business in negotiating for security in the case of high risk/exposure credit facilities
- Responsible for identifying when accounts may require legal intervention eg. if customer files for bankruptcy
- Build and maintain effective relationships within the credit organisation including other supporting teams both onshore & offshore; provide coaching knowledge sharing for accounts that have been migrated
- Provide credit performance information and reports (target vs. actual outcome) to business for both business level and sales level; provide information and commentary to global credit on credit performance of each business
- Organise the meeting with businesses and follow up action items from the meeting
To succeed in this role, you will support Senior Credit Assessment Analyst and Country Credit Manager in operational credit strategies locally to ensure support in respect of all credit assessment issues, especially in volatile situations/businesses where risks to the business are high (eg. from global credit crisis/high oil prices) and challenge businesses in respect of risk/reward.
- Degree in Accounting or related Finance/Business Administration degree is preferable
- Minimum three years' relevant to credit or financial experience with strong financial analysis skills
- Excellent command in English
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong aptitude for managing processes and driving towards best-in-class process performance
This leading professional oil and gas firm has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. With years of history this is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their development.
If you are a progressive Credit Assessment Analyst with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply now for this great opportunity.