Compliance and Internal Control Manager - Thailand
Salary Attractive Package
Location Bangkok Province
Consultant Tinnapop Patomrattanapiban
Date posted 02 July 20181 South Sathorn Road, Thungmahamek Sathorn Bangkok 10120 Robert Walters Thailand
A world-leading educational firm is recruiting a Compliance and Internal Control Manager in Bangkok to join their team. In this Compliance and Internal Control job, you will be responsible for leading the business in its next phase of growth.
About the Compliance and Internal Control Manager - Thailand Role:
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will lead all internal control activities and coordinate with teams across South East Asia and the Headquarter in the UK. As the Compliance and Internal Control manager, you will be in charge of working of monitoring financial controls and risk levels, and taking corrective action when required.
- Provide guidance of internal control process for all business cycles
- Lead on the gathering and analysis of controls and compliance with Legal/Fiscal requirement and regional and corporate requirements including variances and inefficiencies, across the resources streams
- Monitor adherence with the global minimum control standards as defined by UK Financial Governance
- Investigate internal control issues and support the implementation of remediation actions where Thailand subsidiaries are not achieving the required standards
- Be a focal point for a country risk management (ERMF) review and to foster a culture of risk management within the Thailand office
- Maintain local finance/accounting policy and be a custodian of all local financial/accounting forms
- Take lead roles in quarterly/yearly random check for cash on hand/Petty Cash at branch and blank cheques/receipt keeping
- Coordinate and follow up with business partners to close internal audit findings
- Apply effective risk mitigation and control specific measures to specific risks
- Be a focal point and contact person between local finance and Global finance in all SAP updated
- Act as a fraud focal point in Thailand and support the UK Counter fraud Team strategies of raising fraud awareness, supporting investigations and preventing fraud in Thailand
- Coordinate with UK governance team to update company directors and manager local registration for both new and remove company directors
To succeed in the Compliance and Internal Control Manager - Thailand job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with teams from overseas, across borders and internal matrix.
- Fluent in both English and Thai to communicate effectively with stakeholders involved that speak and read in the languages
- Education to Tertiary level or equivalent in accounting
- At least five years of working experience in Finance/Accounting department or Risk/Compliance field
- Experience in MNC
- MBA is a plus
- Knowledge in Thai civil law is a plus
This educational firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Compliance and Internal Control Manager - Thailand job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.